- The cars are run on petrol, the composition is very similar to that used on average road cars.
- Before each race each team must supply the FIA with two 5 litre sample of fuel for testing. Samples of fuel may also be taken at any point during the weekend.
- The fuel tank must be surrounded by a crushable structure, as part of the survival cell. It must be situated behind the driver and in front of the engine.
- Refuelling is only permitted within the team garages. No fuel may be added or removed during the race.
- A maximum of 105kg can be used per race.