- All cars must have a fire extinguishing system and there must be a way to trigger this from outside the cockpit.
- The cars must feature two rear-view mirrors of a set size and in a specified location.
- A red light must be fitted to the rear of the car, which the driver can turn on in specific conditions to help other drivers see their car.
- The seat must be easily removable and have no more than two bolts attaching it to the car, enabling marshals to extract the driver from the car in their seat.
- Seatbelts must be worn by the driver with two shoulder straps, one abdominal strap and two between the legs.
- The car must have a circuit breaker switch in the cockpit, allowing the driver to switch off all the main electric circuits in the car.