- The minimum weight of the car without fuel must be 722kg
- No substances (except compressed gases) must be added to a car during the race
- Replacement parts may be fitted during the race but they must be no heavier than the original part.
- Ballast may be used in order to bring the car up to weight however cannot be added or removed during a race.
- After a free practice session or during qualifying, cars may be weighed by the FIA.
- After P1, P2 or P3 some cars will be selected at random to be weighed.
- During or after Q1 and Q2 some cars may be selected to be weighed.
- At the end of Q3, all ten cars will be weighed.
- If a car fails to stop for weighing they will receive a reprimand. If they then fail to return, that driver will be required to start the race from the pit lane.
- All classified cars will have to be weighed. If below the minimum weight, the driver may be excluded from the results.