- The ECU (electronic control unit) which controls the power unit, clutch and differential must be manufactured by the FIA approved supplier. The software used must be approved by the FIA.
- All cars must be fitted with telemetry systems, which are manufactured by the FIA designated supplier.
- Pit to car telemetry is not allowed.
- All radio communications must be open to the FIA and broadcasters.
- Systems to detect the race start signal are banned.
- All cars must be fitted with high speed cameras and accident data recorders. A warning light must also be present to indicate the severity of the accident to the rescue team.
- All cars must be fitted with red, yellow and blue cockpit lights, which link to the colours of the marshal’s flags.