- Qualifying will consist of 3 separate sessions, with certain numbers of drivers being eliminated at the end of each part. The fastest single lap in that session for each driver is what counts.
- Q1 = All drivers take part in Q1, an 18 minute session at the end of which the six slowest cars will be eliminated. The positions for the six slowest drivers at the end of this session will determine their grid positions.
- Q2 = All times are reset for the 15 minute session. The slowest 6 are eliminated and their grid positions are equal to their position at the end of the session.
- Q3 = All times reset. Top ten cars for 12 minutes to determine grid positions.
- If a car stops on track during qualifying the driver will take no further part in the session.
- The driver with the most pole positions at the end of the season will receive the qualifying trophy. In the event of a draw, second places will be taken into account.