- The pit exit is opened 30 minutes before the start of the formation lap. Cars must be driven around to the grid under their own power at least 20 minutes before the start.
- Additional reconnaissance laps may be completed by driving at reduced speed through the pit lane.
- Any car failing to leave the pit lane 20 minutes before the start of the race will have to start from the pit lane.
- All cars must have all wheels fitted at least 3 minutes before the start of the race. Failure to comply will result in a penalty.
- If there is rain in the three minutes before the race, the start will be aborted and the teams given ten minutes in order to change tyres.
- All team personnel must leave the grid before the 15 second signal.
- On the formation lap there must be no overtaking unless a car is delayed due to a fault.
- If a car has an issue when arriving on the grid at the end of the formation lap, the driver must raise his hand to abort the start. A second formation lap will then take place. If that driver can make it to the pits and fix the issue they may start from the pit lane.
- There will be 5 red lights with turn on to start the race, when all lights go out the race begins.