- The car must feature only two driven wheels.
- The gearbox must have 8 forward gears and a reverse. The gear ratios must be selected at the beginning of the season and cannot be changed.
- No devices may be used which notify the driver of the amount of clutch slip or engagement.
- No devices may be used to notify the driver of wheel spin.
- Traction control is banned.
- Gear changes must not be automatic.
- There must be a way to disengage the clutch from outside of the cockpit for marshals to use for safety reasons.
- A gearbox must last 6 consecutive events before being replaced, if it is replaced before this then a 5-place grid penalty will occur. An exception to this rule is if a driver fails to finish a race, they may replace the gearbox without receiving a penalty.